questions about the data provided in the Ilustris-3 simulation

Evelyn Zagarra
  • 28 Apr

I want to know what you mean by this, in the coordinates of the BH particles, in the PartType5 part (black holes)
"Spatial position within the periodic frame of size 75000 ckpc/h. Comoving coordinate."
Those are the coordinates of each black hole within each subhalo, would they be the positions of the black holes?.
and you would also explain to me in the Subfind Subhalos part, what they refer to with: subhaloPos: Spatial position within the periodic box (of the particle with the minimum gravitational potential energy). Comoving coordinate.

I need the coordinates of each black hole in each subhalo and the position of the center of mass of the subhaloes, so how do I get that information?

Evelyn Zagarra
  • 28 Apr

I need to know, the coordinates of the subhaloes are corrected by the periodic boundary condition, if the coordinates are corrected by that effect?
And if they are, how do they do it, since you would need to make an identical correction to correct the coordinates of the black holes within each subhalo for the periodic boundary condition.

• Page 1 of 1